Our advanced "jobs by email" will send you new jobs every day.
Recruiters will contact you directly about jobs they have available.
Registration only takes a few minutes, but will save you hours.
Data Centre Hardware Engineer
Leicester (Contract) £150 - £200 / Day (Overtime & Training & On-Call Allowance)
Data Centre Hardware Engineer - Leicester
My client, a market leading services organisation, are looking to on-board an experienced Data Centre Hardware Engineer on a contractual basis. The Engineer will be comfortable working with the DC environment and will have extensive industry in similar roles. The requirement will involve working on various IT Hardware systems, performing break-fix and BAU duties as required.
**THIS IS A SHIFT-BASED ROLE, WORKING ON A SHIFT-ROTA BASIS**
Roles & Responsibilities
- Physical hardware installation for all set up devices
- Removal of hardware devices
- Hardware/OS Installation & Configuration
- Maintenance/repair/diagnosis of kit
- Firmware installations/updates & maintenance of levels (IBM, HP Dell, Huawei)
- Hardware decommission, physical de-racking
- Adherence to customer internal policies and completion of documentation
- Stock Management for spare parts and devices maintained
Skills & Experience
- Strong knowledge of servers (HP, Dell, IBM etc...)
- Experience of working within a live environment (Data Centres)
- Knowledge of DCIM software
- Good knowledge of Fiber Channel, iSCSI, NFS, and SAN solutions
- Resolution of problems logs/requests/project work, delivered to a high standard.
- Use of ticket/change software such as Remedy
- Good communication skills
- MUST have a valid UK Driving License
For more information, or immediate consideration for this opportunity, please do contact Charlie Grant at CPS Group UK on (Apply online only) or
CPS Group (UK) Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.