Our advanced "jobs by email" will send you new jobs every day.
Recruiters will contact you directly about jobs they have available.
Registration only takes a few minutes, but will save you hours.
NVQ Rail Trainer/Assessor
Birmingham (Full Time, Permanent) NEG
NVQ Rail Trainer/Assessor - Birmingham
Introduction: Are you an experienced NVQ Railway Engineering Trainer/Assessor? Looking for a new opportunity to join a growing specialist training provider.
Alderwood are currently recruiting for a growing training provider that specialise in delivering Rail courses into the prison system.
* As an NVQ rail assessor, your role will be to assess learners through a 10-week course within a prison environment in railway engineering track maintenance.
* You will be responsible for the assessment process for learners to achieve a Level 2 diploma in rail engineering Track Maintenance.
* Keep timely progression reviews with your cohort ensuring that they are receiving the required training and experience.
* To carry out initial assessments and support learners through recording, tracking, documenting, portfolio building and discussing progress. Negotiating Individual Learning Plans with learners, which identify soft and hard targets and additional needs as appropriate
* To deliver tutorials and tuition ensuring formative and summative marking/assessment is undertaken according to established guidelines.
* To review and monitor student progress through recording, tracking, documentation
* To liaise with other college funding partners when required regarding training / assessment / learner welfare
* To uphold site security & environment
* Minimum 3 years' experience working in the rail industry, preferably in P-way/maintenance, Hold PTS/TIC
* Hold Teaching and assessor qualification
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Clean Driving license
* Clean criminal record essential as post is subject to DBS and Security clearance check
* Health and Safety Knowledge
Salary and Benefits:
* 23 days holiday bank holidays
If you wish to apply, or would like further information please contact
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK