Our advanced "jobs by email" will send you new jobs every day.
Recruiters will contact you directly about jobs they have available.
Registration only takes a few minutes, but will save you hours.
Quality Manager (Metals)
Chesterfield (Full Time, Permanent) £35,000 - £45,000 / Year
Quality Manager (Metals) - Chesterfield
A Quality Manager is required in Chesterfield, Derbyshire with a world class manufacturer, working within the metal precision engineering industry. Reporting directly to the Operations Director, the Quality Manager will use their knowledge and skills to develop and implement robust Quality Auditing & Inspection systems throughout the business. It is a role responsible for the drive of a culture change within the Quality function, to ensure that a Quality mindset and ethic is adopted throughout the business.
Quality Manager Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Take ownership and accountability, whilst driving continuous improvement of the Quality program and culture
- Review new standards and procedures to ensure quality compliance
- Develop department KPI's for the control of quality to ensure development plans are created and maintained
- Manage the Quality department
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Proven experience of a Quality Manager in a metals environment
- Extensive knowledge of material standards, metallurgy and mechanical testing for steel and exotic grades
- ISO9001 Experience (Lead Auditor Preferred)
- Proven experience in driving changes and improvements
- Excellent man-management skills, empowering those around you
- Positive, friendly, driven attitude with an outgoing personality
- Able to communicate well with both shop floor and senior stakeholders alike.
- Calibration / Woodwork experience preferred but not essential
If you would like to hear more about this vacancy, please contact Jack Hattersley on (Apply online only)