Our client is a leader in the design and manufacturing of niche technology solutions for research and production applications. From simple components to precision and computer-controlled systems, our client works to devise sound, economical solutions for all of their clients engineering needs. They are currently looking for an Internal Sales Representative to join their team in Hastings.
The primary responsibility is to maintain and develop a profitable business within a designated sales territory. Assist in the successful development of key accounts within the territory. Through a flexible working approach, whilst working to company procedures, maintain customer satisfaction / retention by showing the ability to "go the extra mile"to enhance customer service.
This role is a proactive internal sales position; therefore the requirement to work on your own initiative and as part of a sales team is essential.
Key Job Elements:
- Promote standard components / services and their benefits to the customer via the company catalogue and website
- Develop regular contact and relationships both verbally and electronically with customers
- Respond promptly to customer requests whilst adhering to company procedures, this will include but will not be limited to:
- Quotations / acknowledgements and requests for information
- Processing of sales orders
- Providing a technical resource
- Enquiry / quotation follow ups
- Telephone calls both incoming and outgoing
- To maintain accurate records and information on customer accounts using the company's preferred Customer Record Management (CRM) within Dynamics Ax.
- Daily communication with Sales Management. In addition, act in accordance to their reasonable requests within an agreed timescale
- To actively identify areas of new business and potential customers within the territory
- To be fully conversant with products within the company catalogue and keep up to date with new technology developments. Full training will be provided on an ongoing basis
- Present sales statistical information by utilising Dynamics Ax and Saturn reporting software
- Preparation of tender documents, as required
- To liaise closely with colleagues and recognise opportunities to "cross pollinate" sales initiatives and strategies.
- Occasional overnight travel may be required
- Other Duties as assigned
- Good communication
- Positive mental attitude
- Minimum 5 x GCSE
- Job related qualification and experience
- Quality, H&S and ISO experience
- MRP/ERP system experience
- Computer literacy:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Standards of performance:
- Be polite, informative and have a professional attitude towards customers, co-workers and personnel
- Perform duties in a timely, logical and organised manner
- Be adaptable to change
- Accept training where needed
- Safeguard company information and observe company policies at all times
- Work consistently towards achieving departmental and corporate KPIs
- Actively take part in the company continuous improvement programme
- Conduct yourself at all times in line with H&S Policy
- Demonstrate knowledge of and works within Quality Management System, including the Quality Policy and Quality Objectives
- Modern office environment
Salary banding £15k - £25k commision depending on industry knowledge and experience
The RSE Group aim to respond to all applications personally. However due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret this is not always possible. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please be advised that you have not been successful in this instance.