Job Description: Machine Operator (Nights)
Role Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Desborough, Northamptonshire
Salary: Higher rates of pay depending on experience
Hours: Monday-Thursday 10pm - 6am Friday 6pm - 12pm
· Ensure you work safely to comply with health and safety requirements as detailed in the Company Procedures.
· Maintain; acceptable housekeeping standards at all times to ensure a clean and safe working environment for all employees.
· Demonstrate competence in timely machine setup, minimising down time and maximising efficiencies by working effectively as part of a team.
· Work effectively as part of the team to ensure the machinery operates at optimum run speeds.
· Produce work of a high standard by adhering to quality standards to ensure that product is produced to agreed specifications.
· Maintain a good working relationship with colleagues to promote successful teamwork.
· As part of the team you will be involved in Preventative Maintenance.
· To participate in training programmes to become an experienced and efficient Operator.
· Identification and reporting of issues to Engineers and working closely together to assist in resolving problems to minimise downtime.
· Maintain a flexible attitude towards working hours to meet the needs of the business.
· Applicant must be able to meet the demands of a high speed production environment.
· Applicants must have excellent verbal and numerical skills.
· Applicants must have previous experience within a production environment.
· Personal Confidence and Assertiveness: Displays a self-belief that instils confidence in others. Prepared to take a calculated risk, being comfortable in their own skin and unafraid to make mistakes and learn from them.
· Communication: Sees communication as a two way process. Makes time to listen and value the opinion of others.
· Problem solving & Decision Making: Often seeks views of others before making a decision. Demonstrates a clear logical approach, considering all aspects before reaching a decision. Ability, determination and persistence to seek out and act on the root cause of an issue.
· Consistent, Reliable & Professional: Highly committed to their work and goes the extra mile when required to achieve results.
· Relationship Builder: Sufficiently self-aware to understand their personal impact on others. Creates an atmosphere of trust and sincerity, treating people honestly with respect.
· Personal Organisation: Has a structured, focused and organised app