Our advanced "jobs by email" will send you new jobs every day.
Recruiters will contact you directly about jobs they have available.
Registration only takes a few minutes, but will save you hours.
Gas Responsible Person
Oxfordshire (Full Time, Permanent) £35,000 - £40,000 / Year (Vehicle)
Gas Responsible Person - Oxfordshire
Gas Responsible Person required to ensure the requirements of the DIO Gas Safety Case and JSP375 are complied with in all activities undertaken on the establishments within their sites covering Oxfordshire.
* Accept responsibility for the practical implementation and operation of Gas Safety in area of
* Ensure as far as reasonably practical that all persons within the establishment(s) observe the
requirements of the Gas Safety Case.
* Support the effective and timely delivery of statutory, mandatory and reactive maintenance and
* Provide professional and technical support, and advice, where required to maintenance teams, DIO
and end users.
* Support the Help Desk in responding to requests for professional and technical advice.
* Ensure compliance and adherence with Health and Safety, sustainability and fire procedures.
* Keep and maintain the Gas Safety Management Plan, records and update WorkManager as
* Provide support and where directed, manage gas projects providing technical input and producing
* Maintain training, familiarisation and knowledge across all sites within the Service Delivery Area.
* If appointed within an establishment containing a hazardous area, actively communicate and cooperate with the hazardous area manager.
* Assess the competence of Gas Skilled Persons for appointment and review experience and
performance before re-appointment, and at other times as necessary. Ensure skilled persons are
aware of any restrictions related to their work. Where necessary, suspend the appointment of
* Produce risk Assessments, method statements and where necessary safety programmes and Gas
Permits to Work to a high quality.
* Attend and contribute to risk meetings. Review risk registers and follow maintenance and
* Reduce the number of corrective actions (CARs) raised and close existing CARs within agreed
* HND level qualification in an Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent experience
* Technical qualifications & training as required by JSP 375, including:
* Emergency first aid
* Fire safety
* Management level qualification in H&S and Environment (e.g. SMSTS)
* Significant practical experience of Safe Systems of Work including:
* Management of the Operational Delivery of JSP375
* Ability to work on own initiative
* Experience of supervising site operations
* Managing staff in the appropriate disciplines
* Planning, directing and controlling activities
* Management of resources to achieve results
* Agreeing scope and priorities of work
* Significant practical management in Safe Systems of Work including:
* Experience of operating in an MOD environment
* Working knowledge of CDM regulations
* Experience of the Asbestos at Work Act, DDA, energy performance, Sustainability etc.
* NEC3 contract requirements
* Familiarity with geography and establishments within area of responsibility
Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.
You'll find a wide selection of vacancies on our website.