Our advanced "jobs by email" will send you new jobs every day.
Recruiters will contact you directly about jobs they have available.
Registration only takes a few minutes, but will save you hours.
Legal Secretary - Wills & Probate
Reading (Full Time, Permanent) £20,000 - £23,000 / Year
Legal Secretary - Wills & Probate - Reading
I am currently recruiting for a Legal Secretary within a well-established and friendly Law firm based in Reading. The role is set within a friendly team that is looking for a strong team player to join them.
Main purpose of job:
* Secretarial support to solicitors and other members of the department
* Management and production of documents
* File administration and data management
Scope of job
* Assisting other secretaries from time to time.
* Assisting lawyers from time to time
Key Results :
* Timely production of documents and management of files.
* Efficient handling of telephone calls, liaison with clients and third parties
* Provision of assistance to and dealing with tasks delegated by lawyers.
* Sound knowledge of Word and all office systems.
Main Duties and responsibilities
1. To deal with word-processing/typing and production of all documents and correspondence as directed by Lawyers.
2. To attend to clients both on telephone and in person. To take and record accurately any messages and pass them on to the appropriate person without unnecessary delay and to assist with the above for your department in the absence of other secretaries.
3. To deal accurately with filing – storing and retrieval of clients’ files in line with the Department’s filing system.
4. To set up new files and new matters accurately and speedily on instructions from lawyers.
5. To make appointments, arrange meetings and maintain an up to date diary.
6. To ensure that the lawyers’ time records are entered promptly.
7. To accurately administer billing and financial accounting transactions and procedures
You will ideally come from a Wills & Probate background but my client is open to considering candidates from other legal areas. The team is very friendly and are looking for someone who really wants to get involved as they are very sociable. The department itself is very client facing and will involve taking an occasional call from a client at a time of personal stress so you must not be phased by the line of work.
You may also be responsible for supporting specific lawyers and this role would really suit someone who wants to be involved in a mature, hard-working team.