Our advanced "jobs by email" will send you new jobs every day.
Recruiters will contact you directly about jobs they have available.
Registration only takes a few minutes, but will save you hours.
Catering - Trainer
West yorkshire (Full Time, Permanent) £23,073 - £29,241 / Year (+ (Subject to Job Evaluation))
Catering - Trainer - West Yorkshire
Have you ever considered working with offenders? Have you got the ability to think creatively and actively engage with learners?
Novus are the top performing, market leader in offender education, training and employability services. We support over 65,000 offenders per year within the male and female estate, in more than 100 establishments across the country. Obtaining `good` or `outstanding` results during our latest inspections is something we are proud of and to maintain this, we need high performing, talented teachers to join us and contribute to an exceptionally rewarding education programme.
We have a history of great results which we are proud of, and we are keen to ensure this standard of education is maintained and improved upon. To do this we will need great people in addition to an already high performing workforce, with a desire to contribute to a culture of delivering above and beyond.
Novus has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, experienced Permanent - Full Time -Catering Trainer to join the Education team within HMP Wealstun. The purpose of this role is to deliver high quality catering training to serving offenders, providing them with the qualifications and the real world experience of the commercial food world.
Key responsibilities (but not limited to) are as follows:
- Teach designated hours as required, with a flexible approach to delivering across curriculum areas
- Develop or contribute to the scheme of work and develop lesson plans to ensure an accurate representation of real world catering for the curriculum up to Level 3
- Ensure compliance with curriculum best practice and quality targets
- Integrate literacy, language, numeracy and ICT skills within the curriculum area
- Develop the training kitchen into a going concern capable of delivering consistent, high quality food, service and value.
You will have relevant industry experience and be willing to work towards academic qualifications as specified in the role profile. You`ll be enthusiastic and passionate, and your natural creativity will ensure your classes are exciting and engaging. You`ll have the ability to remain focussed and professional, in an upbeat and lively environment.
The salary for the successful candidate is dependent on current qualifications and recent experience.
In return for your dedication you will be rewarded with:
- Generous holidays (increases on service)
- Fantastic pension scheme
- Extensive training and development
- Simply health scheme - Free on site car parking
Plus many more!
If you feel you could make a difference in this rewarding and growing sector, apply today.
Applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the Key Responsibilities, Key Result Areas and Qualifications/Skills/Experience detailed within the role profile.
Novus is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community.