Our advanced "jobs by email" will send you new jobs every day.
Recruiters will contact you directly about jobs they have available.
Registration only takes a few minutes, but will save you hours.
Maintenance Instructor - Wiltshire
Wiltshire (Full Time, Permanent) £38,000 - £45,000 / Year (+ Benefits)
Maintenance Instructor - Wiltshire - Wiltshire, Salisbury, South West, Southampton
A Maintenance Instructor is required to join the Team within a market leading Innovative Aviation Defence Systems Company. The Maintenance Instructor will report to the Lead FSR/Operations Executive and will be part of an engineering team responsible for preparing, delivering, accessing and reporting on the theoretical systems.
The Maintenance Instructor will be responsible for practical maintenance procedures and in-the-field Task Book Training to primarily Military and Ex-Military personnel. The Maintenance Instructor may be involved in the future with launch and recovery procedures and conduct daily maintenance including flight servicing.
The Maintenance Instructor will deliver theoretical and practical maintenance instruction to Military Avionics/Mechnaical and Aircraft Courses including instruction to Launch and Recovery Teams. The Maintenance Instructor will be under the overall supervision/co-ordination of the Training Facility Manager.
Maintenance Instructor - Key Responsibilities
- Interpret and use course training material including Course Training Plans
- Conduct Assessment Strategies, Assessment Plans
- Use Instructor Specifications, Practical Marking Guides and Task Book Training Material
- Produce course programmes and resource requirements prior to courses commencing
- Follow principles and recognised military engineering instructional processes
- Provide student mentoring and advise course management on issues
- Provide detailed course reports
- Improve training and correct any technical discrepancies
- Review, update and administer Task Books
- Write training exercises to support individual training
- Conduct pre and post course care and maintenance Training equipment
- Responsibility to conduct maintenance, servicing and launch and recovery activities in the future
- Support the completion of aviation flight line documentation
- Understand the Aviation Engineering Documentation and its relevance to the activity
- Maintain discipline and standards appropriate to the role and the team
Technical Skills and Experience for the Maintenance Instructor
- Hold a recognised qualification in Avionics/Aircraft engineering HND/HNC/NVQ
- Military qualification minimum Technician Class 1 or Trade Supervisor
- Hold a military recognised instructor training qualification or civilian equivalent
- European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL)/IT Literate
- Hold the requisite security level (SC), Hold a full clean UK drivers licence
- A class C E licence would be desirable
- Be proactive and technically minded with strong customer service skills and delivery focus
- Experienced in delivery and assessment of technical Instruction
- Effective interpersonal skills with an ability to operate within a team
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access)
- must have previous military/civilian engineering aviation instructional experience
- Knowledge of flight line and aviation operations, aircraft/vehicle movement
- Previous experience of GOLDesp or WRAM engineering maintenance Publications desirable
**Security Clearance will be required for this role and therefore only applications from candidates able to obtain this will be considered**
If you feel you meet the requirements for the role of the Maintenance Instructor then apply directly or contact Peter Heap at Jonathan Lee Recruitment. Either Direct Line (Apply online only) or Email suitable MS Word CV's to
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.