Our advanced "jobs by email" will send you new jobs every day.
Recruiters will contact you directly about jobs they have available.
Registration only takes a few minutes, but will save you hours.
Activity Manager - YHA Malham
Skipton (Part Time, Permanent) £8.25 / Hour (Benefits)
Activity Manager - YHA Malham - Skipton
Activity Manager - YHA Malham - Live In or Out - Temporary - Minimum of 25 up to 42.5 hours per week - GBP 8.25 per hour
We are looking for a talented individual to join our team as Activity Manager at YHA Malham.
To manage the activity function, which may include; learning/educational and/or outdoor activities, conferences and other special events. Co-ordinate, manage and develop team members, alongside the Hostel Manager to ensure the best possible customer service levels are achieved and maintained. To effectively contribute to the wider strategy, vision, values and mission of the YHA
* To devise, co-ordinate and manage the effective delivery of all activity packages including functions, packages, conferences and other special events, encouraging all employees and volunteers to consistently deliver a positive experience to all customers.
* Proactively review and respond to customer feedback seeking opportunities to improve the overall customer experience
* Support the efficient use of YHA's booking system to generate income and maximise profitability for the YHA.
* Drive all sales and business opportunities, actively encourage and promote sales activities and initiatives within the team to maximise all available opportunities.
* Conduct regular team meetings and performance management reviews to actively develop the capability of the team and individuals, ensuring success is recognised and celebrated. Be motivational and communicative to ensure all organisational policy and other information is passed to relevant individuals.
* Ensure compliance with all Health & Safety regulations with specific responsibility for writing, maintaining and reviewing activity and related risk assessments.
* Deputise in the absence of the Manager and provide support to other hostel functions where necessary.
In order to be a great Activity Manager we are looking for people who:
* Proven ability of, or able to demonstrate, management of teams, preferably within a similar environment.
* Previous experience of working within the hospitality industry and able to demonstrate knowledge of current tourist industry standards
* Evidence of recruiting, mentoring and developing others
* Knowledge and understanding of YHA and its customer base.
* Proven ability to manage high-pressured environments, where there may be significant peaks in workload demands.
* Understanding of software management systems and/or proficient in basic computer skills.
* Good numeracy and literacy skills.
* Highly developed verbal and written communication skills.
* Higher-level Instructor qualification or relevant proven ability in events/conferencing/function management.
* NCPHL (National Certificate for Personal License Holders) Certificate.
* Current working knowledge of health & safety procedures, preferably within a similar industry.
At YHA, we believe you work hard for us, so we work hard for you. As an employee you will receive:
* 10 Free hostel stays for you and up to 3 friends across England and Wales every year
* YHA membership - Valid worldwide
* Access to 'Live More For Less' - Giving you access to hundreds of discounts and cash-back offers from high street retailers, supermarkets, holidays, car insurance and much more
* BUPA healthcare cash plan - You can claim money back for dental, optical and medical treatments
Please note: In order to become an employee at YHA you must be able to produce evidence of your Right to Work in the UK.
This is a regulated role.
YHA is committed to safeguarding and ensuring the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
The suitability of all prospective employees or volunteers will be assessed during the recruitment process in line with this commitment.