Our advanced "jobs by email" will send you new jobs every day.
Recruiters will contact you directly about jobs they have available.
Registration only takes a few minutes, but will save you hours.
Senior Engine Test Technician
Nuneaton (Full Time, Permanent) £22,000 - £30,000 / Year (+ Various Company Benefits)
Senior Engine Test Technician - Nuneaton
EB5295: Senior Engine Test Technician
Salary: £22,000 to £30,000 DOE
Location: Nuneaton, West Midlands
Benefits: Various Company Benefits
An exciting requirement for a Senior Engine Test Technician has arisen to work with a world class, independent engineering consultancy, operating in multiple locations around the world, to support vehicle manufacturers and their supply chain with cutting-edge engineering and testing expertise.
This Client is looking to employ a Senior Engine Test Technician to join a new team in Nuneaton.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged
The Engine Test team are responsible for the delivery of engine development projects including performance and emissions, mechanical and durability development requirements. The engine test facilities are tailored to specific customer project requirements and can cover gasoline, diesel and hydrogen testing.
Essential experience for this role would include:
* Modern test methodologies and able to deliver complex tests right first time.
* Engine instrumentation and high speed data acquisition techniques and validation.
* Setup, configure, operate, and maintain test equipment and automation systems
* Perform assembly and strip of current generation gasoline and diesel engines and components
* Use of Emissions sampling equipment
* Preparation and installation of the test unit
Desirable experience for this role would include:
* Operation in a customer focused environment
* knowledge of STARS and or CP Cadet v14 test cell systems
* ETAS INCA or other calibration tools
* Automotive electrics and wiring
Essential skills for this role would include:
* Delivery of accurate and qualified test data, liaise directly with customers and Engineers
* Test bed engine palletisation, installation and commissioning
* Test Bed setup, configuration and operation
* IC engine opertation
* Engine test measurements, servicing and maintenance
* apply above knowledge to follow work instructions with high attention to detail and quality
* Good interpersonal skills and the ability to integrate into a team working environment
* Excellent attention to detail and problem solving skills
Desirable skills for this role would include:
* Written work instructions with high attention to detail and quality
Essential qualifications for this role would include:
* Relevant City & Guilds, vehicle engineering to level 3 and/or experience
Desirable qualifications for this role would include:
* HNC/HND in engineering or equivalent
* The candidate should be prepared to work extended hours or required shift pattern
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.