Let the right jobs and recruiters find you...
- Our advanced "jobs by email" will send you new jobs every day.
- Recruiters will contact you directly about jobs they have available.
- Registration only takes a few minutes, but will save you hours.
|Indirect Procurement Personnel
Reading (Full Time, Permanent)
Indirect Procurement Personnel - Reading
Indirect Procurement Manager to support the Group Procurement team in managing and negotiating high value contracts and managing tender processes for the Group across a range of all Indirect Categories. The post holder will be required to deliver best service, reduce costs where possible, look for opportunities for continuous improvement, innovation and quality from our supply base.
1. Full responsibility for significant Indirect Procurement spend across all categories (
2. Determine sourcing strategies that meet the needs of the business and the Procurement team.
3. Identify and implement cost saving initiatives, negotiate terms, instigate and complete supplier set ups and demonstrate strong market insight. Breadth of spend category is wide so good stakeholder engagement and management is essential for the successful candidate to succeed in this role.
4. Gather and communicate site / business requirements to the Procurement team. For projects ensure cross functional teams have input into process from beginning and throughout duration
5. Ensure robust processes are in place to support the new product launches / implement value engineering opportunities with support from the relevant Group teams.
6. Key interface with all other relevant functions - to ensure all new products/suppliers are known, contracts in place and robust processes implemented.
7. Ensure cross functional project plans are in place and all timelines are met
1. Thorough knowledge of supply market, supplier capabilities and competitor activity, and expected trends at a local level.
2. Proven capability of applying supplier management techniques to ensure contracted benefits are delivered.
3. Supplier and contract management experience.
4. Detailed understanding of financial evaluation and interpretation of supplier’s records and their key cost and business drivers.
5. Full understanding of the category total cost model, cost drivers and all factors needed to ensure a robust agreement for Volution group
6. Understanding of the processes, timelines and constraints for the development and delivery of new products.
7. Professional knowledge of procurement principals, including high order negotiation skills.
8. Sound knowledge of corporate regulations and legislation to ensure the creation of effective group contracts.
9. Relevant experience of sourcing at a local level
Area of remit:
• Logistics – Inbound Air/Sea/Land, Outbound, Couriers, External Support
• Utilities – Gas, Electricity, Water
• Fleet – Cars/Van/MHE Purchase, Car Maintenance, Car Management, Fuel Card, Car Rental
• Premises/Facilities - Cleaning/Hygiene, Building Maintenance, Security/Access Control, Waste, Uniforms/PPE, Vending/Food, Lighting/Signage
• Office Supplies – Print Management, Consumables, Paper
• Finance – Banking, Leasing, Insurance (General, Health, Motor, Property etc), Rates, Lawyers
• HR – Recruitment, Temp. labour, Travel/Accommodation, Pension,
• Telecom - Mobile/Landline, Infrastructure, Conference,
• IT – Capex Hardware, Software Licenses, Infrastructure Development, Consultant support
• Marketing – PR, Literature/Catalogues, Research, Advertising/Agency
• Tooling – Capex, Maintenance
• Procurement minimal involvement across most categories
• Local Operational stakeholders currently manage spend – not commercial experts
• Packaging – Bags/Boxes/labels/leaflets/Pallets – Extra £2-3Mn spend
• At least 3 years’ experience in procurement
• Experience in procurement of a broad range of categories and with Indirect experience
• Excellent planning and organising skills.
• Effective verbal and written communicator.
• Customer focussed attitude.
• Financially and commercially aware.
• Ability to think strategically.
• Excellent time management skills with ability to focus and separate what matters from what does not – delivering on time.
• Proven ability to self-manage and be self-sufficient in taking the lead and making proposals and /or taking decisions.
1. Negotiation skills to achieve a Win:Win approach
2. Communication – working with internal and external customers and understanding the core messaging required Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal, communication skills for effective interface with all internal and external contacts.